Saturday, August 6, 2016

Pure Delicious' Mulligatawny Soup

When the temperature drops, straight away I crave something warming and hearty. But when you know it'll get back up to the 90s you kind of want something in the middle. As I was flicking through the Pure Delicious cookbook, this recipe for Mulligatawny Soup caught my eye with it's bright yellow liquid and contrasting pop of colour from the pomegranate seeds.

Now, I have heard of mulligatawny soup before and was pretty sure I had had it before, but there's no harm in testing it out.











Yay or Nay: Yay

This soup has a similar flavour profile to a Vietnamese Curry my mum makes, or even Katsu curry so it was definitely a hit. The only issue was making this in advance meant that when we were ready to eat this (the day after) it was waaaay to thick, almost like a stew but it was still tasty. Then again, it could have been the fact that I didn't have enough chicken stock for 8 cups, so I tipped what was left of the box in and figured it would be enough!

TIP: Don't add the stock and rice until you're ready to eat otherwise you won't get the consistency of soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment