Thursday, September 22, 2016

Not Posh Food's Nandos Spicy Rice

We wanted to make the most of the last good days of sunshine/summer, before the snowy, cold upstate winter settled in. Naturally, throwing some chicken on the grill/bbq was an easy decision for dinner this week. I had brought back from the UK some Nando's spicy rub and started thinking of some side options. Obviously, the Fino Sides are a complimentary accompaniment to the chicken and I love me some Spicy Rice so after some research on Pinterest I found Not Posh Food's recipe for Nandos Spicy Rice.






   
Yay or Nay: Undecided

It really should be either yay or nay but there were several reasons why this was a maybe. The taste was good, not dissimilar to jambalaya it was just the texture that wasn't right. Maybe it was because I used brown rice instead of white long grain/basmati or that I cooked the rice with the veggies but it was just too smushy compared to Not Poshs'. I would try this again but would cook the rice first and then add to the veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment