Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Deliciously Ella's Quinoa and Cacao Crispy Treats

I'm always on the hunt for healthy, sweet, chocolately snacks. Yes, I know you can buy versions of chocolate treats at your local whole foods/natural food stores but I'm always slightly dubious as I don't really know how much of each ingredient they have put in, plus the price is never worth it!

I've had puffed quinoa before and it reminds me of rice crispies, so when I saw a bag of quinoa for sale and knowing I had some left over raw cacao powder, I knew I wanted to make Deliciously Ella's Quinoa and Cacao Cripsy Treats.








Yay or Nay: Nay

I made the puffed quinoa myself three times, which is two times too many. It didn't look any different to regular quinoa, it was still hard to the bite and definitely did not look puffed! The chocolate mixture itself is ok, nothing special, I was excited about the addition of nut butter  but I think the badly puffed quinoa put me off the whole thing. I'm glad I only made 6 of these!

TIP: I used almond butter but the recipe doesn't specify any in particular. Also, I made waaay less than the recipe stated as I wanted to try before making a ton of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment