Sunday, January 1, 2017

Country Living's Huevos Rancheros

Happy New Year everyone!

I discovered this recipe a while back and it's been a long time since I made it. It's Mexican but not like I usually know it - burritos, tacos and empanadas. Admittedly I wasn't recipe browsing when I spotted Country Living's recipe for Huevos Rancheros, I was looking for interior inspiration. 

Either way, the recipe looked easy and appetising - not heavy on the cheese and heartburn! 









Yay or Nay: Yay

There are a lot of ingredients and a lot of steps but each one is pretty easy to do. I didn't fry the tortillas as I wanted a lighter option so I baked it. Bad move! Instead of being crispy, the tortilla was hard and chewy. I definitely want to find a better way to bake this to give the same texture as frying it. 

TIP: Fry your eggs sunny side up as the oozing yolk adds to the whole experience!

TIP: Feta cheese works as well as Cotija cheese if you can't find it - I can't so I sub feta for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment