Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Slow Cooker's Coconut Brown Rice Pudding

After having the most delectable rice pudding in NYC many years ago from Rice to Riches, I knew I had to try to replicate the recipe. They offer a multitude of flavours but every year I go back to NYC, I always go for classic chocolate.

I had opened a can of coconut cream for a satay recipe, so I had plenty left over, which meant some research for a healthy, vegan version of this pudding. This recipe for Coconut Brown Rice Pudding from Slow Cooker was my pick as it had the least amount of sugar added and I had all the ingredients on the list without leaving the house!





Yay or Nay: Yay

This was pretty easy to make, stick everything in the slow cooker and stir every now and then. I have to say, the timings were waaaaay off, the recipe said 2-3 hours on low but it was more like 5 hours on high in order to get all the liquid to go and for the rice to be tender. The taste was good, although I think the cardamon gives it a slightly chemical taste, so I would make this again without the spices and add depending on my mood.


No comments:

Post a Comment