Sunday, June 19, 2016

Deliciously Ella's Protein Bites

As summer is approaching it also brings the anxiety of bikini season and the stripping off of layers of clothing. I must admit the harsh winters here take their toll and eating is the only way to survive and keep warm. Therefore an adjustment is due especially with eating habits. I eat pretty healthy during the week, often cooking from scratch, eat a pretty veggie/vegan lunch so the weekends and sneaky snacking is the only place to cut back.

When that chocolate craving kicks in, rather than reaching for a choccy bar I found an alternative. I have been meaning to get my hands on Ella Woodward's (of Deliciously Ella fame) book (and yes, I'm late to the game) and when it was available at the library I immediately checked it out. Flicking through, the Energy Balls and many others caught my eye as they seemed good for transporting to work and having that extra kick before dinner.




Yay or Nay: Yay

Personally I preferred these way more to the cashew ones I made a few weeks back. Mainly because the consistency was right and rolling was a much easier job when there isn't that extra moisture!

No comments:

Post a Comment