Saturday, June 18, 2016

Fearne Cotton's Fish Fingers

Nostalgic is one word for fish fingers for me! Back in the day we feasted on Captain Bird's Eye fish fingers with their lurid orange breadcrumb and very white fishy 'meat'. One day I had a massive craving for them but sadly this brand is available in the UK and not in Upstate NY! It was all about the crunch and prior to making these fish fingers, I either had drippy, sloppy fish that never held onto the breadcrumb or the breadcrumb would promptly fall off once it hit the heat. 

Fearne Cotton is a TV host who I grew up watching, starting on children's TV and then graduating into prime time radio and then big shows like Children in Need and Frock Me. I follow her on Instagram and healthy meals regularly feature on her feed. Naturally, she had a book coming out and one of the sneak-peek recipes was for FISH FINGERS! It was meant to be I guess! Fearne's Salmon Fish Fingers were something I would definitely try to make!








Yay or Nay: Yay!

I have to say I was very impressed with this recipe as it was really easy and gave great results! The breadcrumb was satisfyingly crunchy and the coating of the fish held from start to finish! I made a couple of changes; I used cod instead of salmon and whole wheat panko breadcrumbs instead of the gluten-free option given in the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment