Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Just One Cookbook's Crispy Baked Chicken

When a craving for a particular food takes over, you know you just have to have it! I don't know what it was that spurred my craving for katsu curry but I knew I had to find a version that I could cook at home. I found Just One Cookbook's recipe for Crispy Baked Chicken which is a healthier version of tonkatsu which is made with pork. I knew pork was already on the menu for this week so I went for something different and chicken won. I admit straight off that I won't be making the curry sauce as that seems like it would be tricky and nothing worse than being disappointed after all that effort - besides, the Japanese make a great instant version!





Yay or Nay: Yay

This ticked all the boxes, healthy, authentic tasting and delicious!! It took me right back to the first time I had it, in a UK Japanese chain restaurant called Wagamamas. Yes, it's not real-real Japanese food but it's comfort food for me and it was great! The breading was similar to how I make fish fingers so it wasn't difficult and the sauce was pretty much boil water and dissolve the curry cubes! SO EASY!

No comments:

Post a Comment