Sunday, June 4, 2017

Bangkok's Spicy Beef Tenderloin Stir Fry with Holy Basil

Despite the long title, I decided I wanted to make this while browsing through Leela Punyaratabandhu's book Bangkok. Thai food reminds me of Vietnamese food and I was looking to be inspired by new dishes or interesting combinations that I hadn't tried before. Saying that though, clearly I chose the safest recipe in the book. I like to try out safer sounding dishes before trying an unusual one, simply because I don't want to spend a fortune on ingredients for a sub-par dish!

I've never heard of Leela Punyaratabandhu before picking up this book, but after a quick google it appears that she is a food blogger of SheSimmers and although I couldn't find a recipe on her site for this, here is a similar one.











Yay or Nay: Nay

First, let me say that it isn't a nay because it didn't taste good, or that it wasn't easy to cook. It was a tasty enough dinner but it was just OK. I wasn't blown away by it and I wasn't wowed by it either. On the plus side, it was good enough to warrant another try with a different recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment