Sunday, June 18, 2017

Good Veg's Twice Cooked Leeks

When you have a glut of leeks after making chicken stock for ramen, you know you have to use them up! I don't have a backup recipe so when I saw this recipe for Twice Cooked Leeks from New York Times' and UK Guardian's (from very quick research) foodie Alice Hart. I knew nothing about her, but grabbed a copy of her book Good Veg from the library.

I always need a side side to go with my mains, and naturally I want to increase my veg intake. If this works then I'll be putting it into the rotation.






Yay or Nay: Not sure

I can't make a decision either way as the recipe called for hazelnuts, also, mustard for the dressing. One, I was too lazy to go to the supermarket just to get hazelnuts. Two, I hate mustard, so that was out. It wouldn't be fair to judge it on that, so based on what I made, it was OK - just OK. 

TIP: I don't usually cook with leeks so I'm not sure if you're supposed to cook the middle. I would get rid of it as it was a hard, chewy mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment