Thursday, February 18, 2016

Gimmie Some Oven's Beef Chow Fun

Some call it Chow Fun, I am more familiar with Ho Fun and some probably know it as beef noodles. Whatever it's called to you, it makes for a top pick for a Saturday night take-away (take-out). I remember a cheap dive in London's Chinatown called Wong Kei where my cousin and I would go for a uni lunch. The service was poor, infamous in fact, but the food was cheap and delicious (especially as money poor students). You could order this wet (with a sauce or gravy) or dry depending on your mood. This version of Ho Fun/Chow Fun promised the taste of a take-away and the ease of a ready meal so I definitely wanted to give this a go.



Yay or Nay: Yay

Tasty and satifying it is well worth the effort to make the marinade and then cook. I did only marinade the beef for 15 minutes while I exercised so maybe I will try a little longer next time. I cooked the noodles but didn't bother to chill them as she suggested and it made for a sticky layer of noodles semi-permanently stuck to my sieve. Don't panic if the noodles don't separate as adding the leftover marinade helps break it apart nicely. Also, does flank steak cost an arm and a leg where you are???

UPDATE: Here are the missing pics I promised!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment