Monday, May 30, 2016

Pinch of Yum's Spicy Sofritas

I admit, I have made this before and I totally forgot about this until I saw a pin about sofritas and I knew I had to make it for the site. Every time I make this I seem to change the quantity of one of the ingredients. One time it was the poblano, another was the adobo pepper and both times it was waaaaaaay too spicy. I like spicy but this was burn your mouth off so that you can't taste anything else. I've followed the recipe to the T to make sure I can give you a proper review.








Yay or Nay: Yay

After following the recipe properly, I must admit it had the right balance of everything, just enough heat for the warming or warning tingle! Instead of brown rice I used farro following the cooking instructions on the packet. I did mix the lime juice and coriander and nope the red onion and garlic didn't go into the recipe at all, I only realised they were for the guacamole after I took the pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment