Friday, February 3, 2017

Half Baked Harvest's Caramelized Balsamic Goat's Cheese Pasta

I've been on the hunt for a yummy and quick pasta recipe that I can whip up mid-week but isn't as fattening as the one pot bacon and brie pasta we both love! After browsing Pinterest, I came across Half Baked Harvest's recipe for Caramelized Balsamic Goat's Cheese pasta. The pics and description sounded delicious so I was excited to make this.








Yay or Nay: Nay

Massive FAIL for this recipe. The styling in the photos were deceiving - we were both in agreement that we did not like this recipe at all. I was expecting something tangy and rich, but it was more like a dessert pasta dish - sweet and cloying. I think the recipe would have been better without the balsamic sauce/dressing as the mushrooms, garlic and thyme were tasty on their own. I don't think I would try this again with a different kind of balsamic as the dish itself was not good at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment