Sunday, February 19, 2017

Hemsley + Hemsley's Spinach and Bacon Tart with a Nutty Almond Crust

I've needed a new spin on classics such as the humble quiche, I mean I can do bacon and cheddar until the cows come home, but a 'healthier' version is always worth a try. I was intrigued by Hemsley + Hemsley's almond crust and naturally enamored by bacon, spinach and caramelised onions! 

This recipe for Caramelised Onion Tart with an Almond Flour Base is a similar version to Hemsley + Hemsley's version of Spinach and Bacon Tart with a Nutty Almond Crust.









Yay or Nay: Yay

I'll admit that I didn't use the recipe for the tart base as I didn't have enough eggs to make it, plus I figured there was enough fat with the bacon so I didn't want to add it where I didn't need to! Yes, there is no final picture as I overflowed the tart and slightly overbaked it - despite that it was pretty tasty. I did add mushrooms when the option was either bacon or mushrooms - I have to say I would stick with one or the other as the flavours mind of meld into each other and you don't get to appreciate each mouthful! The only, very small, downside is that it is a little greasy the next day for leftovers so I would throw out half the fat when cooking next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment