Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Pinch of Yum's Spicy Shrimp with Cauliflower Mash

I'd read in the weekend paper that it is recommended that you eat at least two and a half cups of veggies a day. I did a quick calculation of what I usually eat in a day and it definitely fell short. Now I consider myself a pretty healthy eater but this scared me a little as I knew I wasn't getting half of that. Anyway, I browsed the net for recipes that would include more veggies and most importantly disguise them for the Hubby. This Spicy Shrimp with Cauliflower Mash ticked the (more) seafood box and the hiding-the-veggies box too, no harm in trying right?





Yay or Nay: Hmm...in the middle

It's meant to be one or the other right, but this divided us both. We both loved the shrimp, it was seasoned well and had a nice kick. However, the mash was, er, interesting. Yes I didn't use the white beans so maybe that affected it but the texture was slightly off. The cornmeal thickened but made it look a little unappetising. Even though I've cut down on my cheese intake, it definitely needed more cheese to add somedepth of flavour and DO NOT SKIP the salt, as I learned the hard way, I can promise you it will be a tasteless mealy slop.


No comments:

Post a Comment