Saturday, November 5, 2016

What Katie Ate Next's BBQ Ginger Ale Ribs

When I loaned the book What Katie Did Next (from food blogger and photographer What Katie Ate) I had already flicked through it to see if it was worth borrowing in the first place. I definitely had my eye on this recipe for Barbecue Ginger Ale Ribs. It didn't call for a million ingredients and was simple enough to follow. Plus you didn't need a smoker or a billion hours to make it.





 

Yay or Nay: Yay

I must admit that this didn't have the same finished as promised in the book - shiny and sticky. I followed the recipe to a T and made sure I basted every 15 minutes and yet no stickiness! It wasn't a complete fail as it did taste amazing and fell off the bone so it wasn't the method...the only thing I can think of is the ginger ale. The recipe needs 'good quality' ginger ale and I couldn't find any so used store brand which may have been to my detriment!





No comments:

Post a Comment