Saturday, January 9, 2016

Lorraine Pascale's Thai Beef Salad

What a surprise to see a UK TV food personality in my local library! Naturally I quickly borrowed Home Cooking Made Easy to see what I could rustle up! The recipe of Thai Beef Salad caught my husband's eye as he put it, had fish sauce - hmmm haven't heard that one before. Usually fish sauce repulses people but I guess I'm pretty badass at making my mum's nuoc mam!







Yay or Nay: A resounding YAY!

It took a few tries to find the right cut of steak at the supermarket to suit our palates. I bought half sirloin (no idea what cut this is but if anyone can educate me on this!) as opposed to sirloin as it was cheaper! I used coconut oil instead of the vegetable oil and it definitely gives it a pleasant nutty taste that is super mild. Make extra of the dressing as you'll need it to dress everything properly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment