Sunday, January 24, 2016

Maangchi's Kimchi Bokkeumbap

Living in South Korea I and the hubby grew to love this fast and tasty Korean dish. We would frequent the local Kimbab shop which we nicknamed Uncle Grumpy's (the owner was particularly grumpy!). They had the best bimbimbap, kimbap and everything in between. You can't go wrong with a fried egg on top! However, once we came back to the US and UK, finding this dish is easy enough but not for the price Grumpy'swould charge. Plus a challenge to remake something we both love was enough for me to look far and wide (in the comfort of my sofa) for a decent and authentic recipe! Maangchi is Korean (tick) so I trust her more than other recipes for Kimchi Bokkeumbap.





Yay or Nay: Yay!

This is an easy to follow recipe and you get a similar taste to the real deal! This tip is more to do with me rather than the recipe itself but I never seem to have enough kimchi juice or kimchi so make sure you have plenty! Also, I forgot the dried seaweed and fried egg which you need to finish the dish but of course I forgot to take a pic of the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment