Monday, July 4, 2016

Bakerita Nutella Stuffed Oatmeal, Hazelnut and Chocolate Chip Cookies

As school has wrapped up and I'm finding more time on my hands, now I have time to spend with friends - hence the Cookie Social. Its great to be off as I can truly look up new recipes, browse cookbooks for inspiration and have random events where food is the focal point!

Back to the making of the Cookie Social, the idea was for each of the group to cook a different cookie and basically drink wine, munch on cookies while catching up. While scrolling through Instagram I saw top YouTuber Tanya Burr promoting her new baking cookbook. One of her sneak peak recipes were for Salted Nutella Cookies. The book wasn't going to be released in time for the Cookie Social, so instead I found this Nutella Stuffed Oatmeal, Hazelnut and Choc Chip Cookies online and I was ready to bake!












Yay or Nay: Yay

SOOOOO good! I even managed to convert a sweet-hater to a cookie lover. I mean what's not to love? Nutella, toasted nuts, chocolate chips, chewy oats and a touch of saltiness to balance out the sweet. What are you doing reading this - go make them!!! 

TIP: Mine were slightly thicker in size as I tried to fit all of them on one baking sheet (made 15 not 16 like the recipe states) so I cooked them a little longer than the recommended 12 mins and the nutella rolling was tricker than it sounded - prepare to get your hands dirty. Do each step one by one rather than per cookie to reduce the mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment