Saturday, July 9, 2016

Ruby Roth's Sweet Beet Sauce

Browsing through the stacks of new Non-Fiction I found this gem of a cookbook. It is by Ruth Roth who has the blog We Don't Eat Animals and has written a cookbook for children called 'The Help Yourself Cookbook For Kids'.  The recipes are easy, manageable and the illustrations are super kitschy and fun! Even if you aren't a kid, there are definitely recipes I will be trying out for this blog! 

I love going to the Public Market on the weekends, especially in the summer as you see the abundance of seasonal fruit and veggies at their prime! Spurred by a friend's purchase of beets I decided to do the same. Back home I loved boiled beets, chopped into a salad but my love didn't quite make it over the pond. Mainly due to availability, but now I had my hands full, so I boiled half and quartered and ziplocked the rest. First things first, a beet dip I can put on crackers or dip veggies into!







Yay or Nay: Yay

It's kind of like a beet hummus but without the tangy finish, however this is just as good. I made a small batch to last me a few days and have been crunching veggies with this dip. FYI it doesn't last a full week even with cover (as it's as fresh as you can get - I do think this is a good sign) and in the heat it does get quite liquidy, but don't let that put you off! Just to backtrack it is delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment